Here at CET, our motor and programmable logic controls program is designed to explain how machines and various types of equipment utilize motors, hydraulics and pneumatics to operate. Students will advance to a higher level of expertise in mechanical and machine wiring, schematic reading, installations and troubleshooting with various controls, techniques, and computers (PLC).
Upon completion, students will be competent in the understanding of motor controls and the various control devices that are used.
Basic understanding of algebra, some electrical/mechanical knowledge, and familiarity with VOM Meters are necessary before beginning the class.
• Electrical Quantities and Circuits 3 Hours
• Electrical Symbols and Diagrams 2 Hours
• LOTO (Lockout, Tagout) 2 Hours
• AC & DC Relays 8 Hours
• AC & DC Generators and Motors 8 Hours
• Contactors and Motor Starters 8 Hours
• Transformers and Motors 4 Hours
• Timers and Counters 4 Hours
• Sensing Devices and Controls 2 Hours
• Solid State Devices and System Integration 2 Hours
• Acceleration and Deceleration Methods 3 Hours
• Preventive and Predictive Maintenance 2 Hours
• Programmable Controllers 20 Hours
Total Hours: 68